Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bill Blank Rest in Peace

Bill Blank (left) and William Horton


Received the sad news that former Los Angeles Times pressman Bill Blank has passed away. In all my years working along side Bill, I never once saw him angry or upset, he was a happy go lucky type that always gave others a big smile.

From Richard Verdugo AKA Dugie;

"Hey Jaime, 
I got a call from Bill's wife, Carol; She told me that Bill passed away Monday. He had been fighting cancer for a few months and he finally gave in. She is not having anything special for the funeral nor is she sending out invites. This time wiith Bill will spent with the immediate family. She tells me that a funeral was something that Bill was was totally against. So, Carol asked to to notify his friends and all those that worked with him. I figured with your contacts that if you could do me the favor to spread the word. He was my friend and I'm going to miss him.
 
 Take Care Jaime
 
 Dugie"

From Emmett Jaime;

"To all that remember Bill Blank.I received this e-mail from Richard Verdugo of Bills passing.Bill was one of the nicest guys you would want to meet and work with,he will be truly missed.Bill came to our breakfasts a couple of times but had to stop because of his illness,I'm only sorry he couldn't attend any more.
I remember the days when we used to get together out in the desert above Victorville to go dirt bike riding,he loved the sport and always had a smile on his face when he was on his bike.
The address I have for his family is as followed if you care to send a condolence card."




No comments: